2. Being a lady ain’t easy, honey, but somebody’s gotta do it.
3. When he asks to see your body, show him your fists.
4. Do not try to be pretty. You weren’t meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don’t let anyone ever simplify you to just “pretty.”
5. If they ask you to give them a smile, spit on their shoes.
6. Never be afraid to take up space – you’ve earned it. You deserve it.
7. When a boy claims to be a gentleman and keeps asking for your hand, tell him you’ll give him a finger. Yeah, you know the one I’m talking about.
8. ‘No’ is your friend. Practice saying it in the mirror so it will slip out like venom when he puts his hands on you.
9. Your worth is measured only by how happy you are. Nothing more, nothing less.
10. You are a fucking firework. I’m so proud of you.
Feeling tired isn’t really the right word for it.
We feel tired from work. We feel tired from routine; from repeating something that doesn’t need repeating. So, I am not feeling tired. I am overwhelmed. Surprised, more likely. You think you got it all figured out then he suddenly breaks routine. He suddenly shifts. And that shifts you too. Shakes you first then probably after some time you’ll get used to it again. You settle for what is because you don’t expect people to be whatever you want them to be to you. You resolve things within you. You compromise with yourself alone because you don’t know how such compromise with others will make things somehow okay. Because you over think everything.
You convince yourself that it would work out eventually. Just breathe through the living moments and whatever happens after is what should have been. And you wish you could trust the universe.
Anonymous (via skeletales)
Well put.(via streaksofsanity)